Wednesday, August 12, 2009

update!

I just wanted to give an update on the situation from earlier. The tea tree oil/mane and tail detangler did aid a lot in me being able to comb out some of my matted hair. If it weren't for it I probably would have ended up even more frustrated and definitely would have taken scissors to my hair. After thinking about it, I realized what all went wrong.

1. NOT COVERING MY HAIR AT NIGHT
I have learned this is an absolute no no for me. I read on the lovely Curly Nikki's blog that she maintains her curly hair by simply sleeping on a satin pillow case. Out of sheer laziness I attempted this, and let's just say I will never try it again. What works for one may not work for another!
2. Accidentally shampooing my hair
I purchased a new bottle of v05 moisture milks and applied it to my hair to deep condition. I noticedthe consistency was different, but didn't think much about it. An hour or two later I looked at the bottle and realized...I had put shampoo in my hair! The result? DRY DRY DRY hair
3. Going 5+ days without detangling
I'm learning that detangling is a must for naturals, and my dummy self went over a week without doing it!

Needless to say, I have learned my lesson and I hope that none of you will make the mistakes I did.

I am currently deep conditioning my hair with Aubrey Organics Island Naturals conditioner (lovely scent, try it out!) and will then style my hair in a braid out with flexi rods on the ends. Hopefully, everything will turn out okay! I'll try to post pictures of it tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment